Got it to work through GUI, though it only shows up in Performance Information and Tools. If you switch the tokens.dat to a vista one, then it shows up in System overview page (right-click Computer, hit properties).
What I did:
1. Copied C:\Windows\Performance\WinSAT folder from Vista installation to Server 2008
2. Copied emdmgmt.dll, winsatapi.dll, winsat.exe, perfcentercpl.dll in System32 from Vista installation to Server 2008
3. Copied emdmgmt.dll.mui, winsatapi.dll.mui, winsat.exe.mui, perfcentercpl.dll.mui in System32/en-us from Vista installation to Server 2008.
3. regsvr32 c:\windows\system32\perfcentercpl.dll
4. Opened Control Panel and went to Performance Information and Tools
5. Launched WinSAT and successfully ran.
I tried this out on a 32-bit installation of Server 2008.