You are right about that the installation is checking a registry key (HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\ProductOptions), but we can't avoid that so easily. However, I managed to install the personal edition.
the installer downloaded from http://www.teamviewer.com/
. On the Welcome
page click Next
, directly after that at the Environment
page click Back
2. Leave the installation window open and start Windows Explorer
. Now go to your temp directory by typing %tmp%
into the location bar.
3. Go to the Detailed view (View -> Details), and sort at the Date modified
4. Open the nsxXXXX.tmp
directory (where the Xes are some random characters/numbers) and open the environment.ini file with Notepad.
5. Change the value of Flags=
of Field 1, 2 and 3
so you have Flags=GROUP|NOTIFY
6. Change the value of State=
of Field 1
and the value of State=
of Field 2
and close the file. Now right click the environment.ini
file, choose Properties
, check the Read-only
flag and click OK
to save the change.
8. Maximize your installation window again and click Next
to go to the screen where you can now choose the personal version!
Maybe there is a quicker way, but at least this works.