My next solution would be to remove your current display driver through device manager and then try the legacy XP driver in compatibility mode. http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_ ... pe=Drivers
1. Download the file above and save it to your downloads folder.
2. Open up device manager (start > run > devmgmt.msc)
3. Expand Display Adapters
4. Right-click on your graphics driver and click Uninstall. BE sure to check the box "Delete the driver software for this device" checkbox as well.
5. Restart your computer.
6. Go to your downloads folder and locate winxp_144211.exe. Right-click on it and go to Compatibility tab.
7. Check the "Run this program in compatibility mode for" checkbox.
8. Select Windows XP Service Pack 2.
9. Attempt to install the driver.
If it works, cool if not its probably not supported by Intel. You will have to revert back to the buggy Vista driver again and we will have to attempt another solution.