When you install games and software in Windows Server, some installations will say that server operating systems are not supported and abort the installation. In this tutorial we will modify the .msi file of Unreal Tournament 3 as an example, but for other games and software you can do this the same way!
1. Create a new folder somewhere on your harddisk, select all files from the UT3 dvd and copy them to the newly created folder.
3. Right click on the Unreal Tournament 3.msi setup file in the folder you copied the UT3 dvd files to, and click Edit with Orca.
4. In the Orca MSI Editor click the table LaunchCondition on the left, next right click the condition that was preventing us from installing UT3 and click Drop Row. Click OK when asked if you want to continue.
5. Now save the change by clicking Save in the File menu. You can close the Orca MSI Editor now.
6. Launch the Installation of Unreal Tournament 3 by double clicking SetupUT3.exe from the installation folder of UT3 on your harddisk.
7. Play UT3!
Thanks to Sky_Dynasty for the tip!
1. Download MSI File Install Fixer.zip from Win2008Workstation.
2. Read the ReadMe.txt inside the archive.
3. (Hopefully) install the game or application!